Tuesday 1 December 2015

A Day in My Life

I wonder how many people are taking part in Quilty365?

Today is the first "Linky" with Audrey over at Quilty Folk, so maybe we'll get a bit of an indication on how wide-spread this project is becoming. I have a feeling it's quite popular.

The concept is to make a little circle block each day for a year, picking fabrics which may reflect your mood of the day, etc.

Here is a picture of my progress so far with the last two days still needing to be sewn on.....

My starting day was November 12th, with the circle block. By the next day, obviously I had switched up to doing hearts for my Quilty365, and mine is called A Day in My Life. The circle block will end up as part of the quilt, but I think it will probably be a label.

The last six days or so, I accumulated blocks that were ready, thinking it would be nicer to sit down and actually applique them only once or twice a week. Well, I don't really like that, afterall, so I will complete one per day or just save up two or three at the most.

Today is the first day of omitting cream from my coffee. Not bad, but I'm wondering if this will ruin the whole coffee-drinking experience for me?! I'm sure if it's a good quality coffee then it shouldn't need anything else! Well see!

Visit Audrey at Quilty Folk to see everyone's Quilty365. This project can start any day, even the first of the year if it's too much to think of with Christmas fast approaching, so I hope you will consider joining in the fun!

Have a great day!

15 comments:

  1. I couldn't try coffee without the cream and sugar - just hate it plain. I too am doing circles and your hearts look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hearts are the perfect block for this block a day and your title is great - didn't give any thought to naming my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We started right around the same time on this : ) I love your spin on it; using hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hearts are a sweet take on the quilty 365 concept. Great start on this journey! I hope I'll never have to give up my flavored creamer for the morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little hearts are very sweet. So personal for you! Thanks so much for playing along with the rest of us.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hearst! Nice take on the 365 circles----heart rings--I canNOT drink coffee w/o cream--you are being such a good girl! LOL I've tried and it is HARD to do...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such sweet hearts & as said by others a nice personal representation of the project :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun seeing everyone's interpretation of an applique a day. I like the heart idea. How unique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The hearts are a nice variation on the theme. I wonder if you will end up with another shape as well before the end?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely take on the 365 idea, looking very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet hearts! I love the story aspect of this sew along & see you did a Paris block. I like the first dot block there too, it seems part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely hearts - I like your twist on the project! Don't know why you are giving up cream in your coffee, but I can relate. Good quality coffee can help, for sure. I decided to cut back on my coffee consumption instead. I usually only drink coffee on Saturday and Sunday, and I don't feel guilty about adding cream. I couldn't give up daily caffeine, so on weekdays I drink tea with just a tiny bit of milk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What gorgeous fabrics! Loving the heart idea too, it's very personal :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra :) I'm still trying to catch up with everyone, so I hope you'll excuse the delay! I love the way your hearts are growing. Unlike Scraphappy though, I'm not wondering about what shape you might morph these into (something tells me you'll stick with the lovely hearts), but I AM wondering if you might set them in different directions, or stay with regular rows?!?! Time will tell... Love your idea of using the circle as a label, I think that's perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking with hearts but it would be nice to try some that aren't from my little pattern I've drawn out. Maybe a bit more free form and organic. I think I'm being influenced by your beautiful circles!

      Delete